- The Trouble With Dead Boyfriends, winner of 2017 Premiere Premieres! in Chicago will have a staged reading, with new songs and script, on March 4th at 8pm in the Carnegie Mellon University CUC Black Box Theater. Written by SnS alumnus Alex Petti (‘15) and Annie Pulsipher (CFA ‘17), and featuring performances by SnS alumni Marina Devaux, Andrew Abrahamson, and Alex Petti. Proceeds will be going to CMU School of Drama’s Senior Showcase.
Palto Alto, CA
- Skeleton Crew will run from March 7 to April 1 at the Lucie Stern Theatre. SnS alumnus Katie Dai (‘05) does marketing for TheatreWorks. If you would like to go, you can contact us for a discount code.
- Gillian Hassert (‘11) is performing in The Irish and How They Got Away at the Fulton Theater now through March 18.
Los Angeles, CA
- Keaton Shapiro (‘17) is producing Nice Fish at Shakespeare Center of Los Angeles from now to March 25.
- Christy St. John (‘14) is a lead in Duels, a series on the Blackpills app. In addition to acting, she does standup comedy in LA. Check out her website or twitter for future show dates.
- Evan Starkweather (‘15) will be in The Annoyance Bar’s Javier Awards on March 4th starting at 5pm. It’s a fake Oscars Ceremony Show, complete with fake Oscar-nominated film clips. The event will end before the real Oscars begin, for which everyone is welcome to stay and watch at the venue.
- Mark Harvey Levine (‘85) (Book and Lyrics for “Carried Away”, 1983 Spring Musical) is having one of his plays performed at sea! City Theatre of Miami is producing his short play “Oy Vey Maria” as part of “Shorts On Ships”. It will be performed at sea, around the world on a cruise ship of the Azamara Club Line, a division of Royal Caribbean Cruises. Mark has had over 1500 productions of his plays around the world, but this is his first production that’s not on land. He’d love to hear from old CMU friends. Contact him at [email protected].
- SnS alumni Shannon Deep (‘10, ‘11) and Scott Wasserman (‘10) run a podcast called Song and Salad where they write a new song every week in a random style about a random topic and document the process.
Have a project you’d like to share? Email [email protected] with the details.